Anna B. Mitchell
2013 – 2015, University of Applied Sciences, Würzburg, Germany
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Concentrations: International Business and Corporate Communications
- Prüfungsgesamtnote: 1,4
- Thesis: “Underused or Oversold? Social Media’s Place in Public Relations”
1997 – 1999, University of Missouri in Columbia
- Mass Communications & Print Journalism
1992 – 1996, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA)
BACHELOR OF ARTS
- Major: European History
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa honor fraternity
Eberhard Karls Universität in Tübingen (one-year study abroad)
2/2016 – present, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
ED101, Inc. in Pendleton, South Carolina
• Promote the organization and engage its national and international stakeholders, including government agencies, businesses and nonprofits.
• Produce print and digital messages communicating the organization’s mission, core competencies, and latest offerings and accomplishments.
• Design and maintain the ED101 Website and its multimedia elements.
• Partner with the CEO in the organization’s strategic planning, marketing and project management.
• Write and edit requests for proposals and ED101 reports.
• Conduct communications trainings on various topics, including media norms, public relations and effective written and verbal communication.
3/2015 – 8/2015, PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN
Project Management Office for Bearing Components and Technologies at The Schaeffler Group in Schweinfurt, Germany
• Worked side-by-side with project managers directing process-improvement and relocation projects for the world’s largest supplier of automotive and industrial bearings.
• Developed and led a six-month project that established a global internal evaluation system for project managers.
• Translated departmental documents from German to English
7/2014 – 12/2014, PROCUREMENT LOGISTICS INTERN
Production Unit for Automobile Shock Absorbers at the ZF Group in Schweinfurt, Germany
• Created and updated reports concerning the global delivery and local warehousing of shock-absorber components for the tenth largest auto supplier in the world.
• Used SAP, Excel and PowerPoint to produce regular reports.
2013 – present, BUSINESS ENGLISH TEACHER
inlingua Sprachschule, Bankhaus Max Flessa, and the University of Applied Sciences (Würzburg-Schweinfurt), Germany
• Develop proposals and design curriculum for English as a second language courses, working with clients in various business sectors
• Extensive experience with classroom and one-on-one instruction
2003 – 2013, CITY EDITOR AND REPORTER
Anderson Independent-Mail (South Carolina)
Greenville Journals, LLC (South Carolina)
Greenville News (South Carolina)
• Planned daily papers and special publications
• Led a team of up to 20 co-workers and freelance journalists; trained and supervised interns and new co-workers.
• Assisted in production with proofreading and layout.
• Created online and print articles for electronic and print publications
- English (native speaker); German (certified in business fluency)
- Experience with the project management maturity model CMMI
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop
SAP, SharePoint and Planisware (for project management)
CMS experience on multiple platforms
memoQ und Plunet (translation tools)
- Impeccable skills editing for clarity, substance and grammar
Award-winning columnist and reporter (Suburban Newspapers of America; South Carolina Press Association)
Regular contributor to newspapers, websites, blogs and social media (Facebook, Twitter)
Rafiki Quartet; Wind Symphonies of Schweinfurt and Grafenrheinfeld; Bavarian Lawyers Orchestra and Quintet; Anderson, S.C., Symphony
Vision Hope International (public relations); Music at Ledward (founder and director of a music program for asylum seekers in Schweinfurt, Germany); Panamericanos Schweinfurt (language exchange leader); Youth For Understanding (exchange student host);
Friends of the Anderson County Museum (former board member); Anderson County United Way (former board member)